Mobile Site

« Home | <$BlogPreviousItemTitle$> » 

Monday, August 27, 2007 

Updates

Reading: Ridderbos When the Time Had Fully Come
Enjoying: weather and a nice cup o joe
Listening: Fielding - you look like a robot

Part of the reason updates are necessary is because we've been in between computers, but now have the new one up and running. An HP Pavilion dv9600t. Its nice, a bit bigger than our oldie. Its still HP, its got Vista Premium, but other than that its ok. Vista hasn't taken too long to get used to, and we haven't had too many problems with transferring programs and what not. Its shiny. Also, my iPAQ puked out over the summer, so I've upgraded to a Toshiba e830. That is provisional on the idea that I can get the Pocket PC's Bluetooth to talk to my bluetooth keyboard (Stowaway Sierra). But nice new gear.

My little toenail on my right foot is hanging on by a thread. I'll spare you pictures. I argue with my wife whether to pull it or not. So far she's winning.

I get to go see Wilco tonight in southtown. I'll let you know how it goes. If you're in San Diego and going to the show tonight, look for me. I'll be the one with brown hair and blue jeans.

I've restrung both my acoustic and bass guitar. This guitar string eclipse will match up perfectly with the lunar eclipse that occurs tomorrow night.

In preparing for the Fall semester of Sunday School, I've been reading Scripture and Confession, ed. J. H. Skilton. So far one of the best chapters has been by one Norman Shepherd. *gulp* Seriously though, its been terrific book. Machen, Clowney, Van Til, Murray, et al, have been heavy hitting. It was published in '73... should I feel somewhat safe?

Can Christians work with Muslims in a Two Kingdom theology
? My questions.

"Multiculturalism was conceived by the Western elites not to celebrate all cultures but to deny their own: it is, thus, the real suicide bomb" (Mark Steyn, America Alone, p. 194).
(HT: Doug Wilson)

Greek Orthodox Calvinism? I hear Eastern Orthodoxy is the silent killer of non-emergents. Thoughts?

I'm getting a haircut today.
More to come. Its good to be back.

Labels: , , ,

The details of your life are gripping.
Me thinks you should post stuff about the Apostle's Creed. I'de like to be prepared for October.

I hope the toenail and the haircut work out for you. Maybe you should ask your barber what to do about the toenail, or just have her (we all know you go to a stylist, not a barber) give you a pedicure; we all know you're into that, as is everyone from California, just ask Ryan.

*Excellent* question on that two-kingdom's blog. In a twisted way, I'm glad to see that you're still struggling with that issue. I don't feel so alone I guess.

Hey, what the heck happened to the discussion about ecumenicism with your Anglican friend? Did I kill another good dialog with my not-so-informed arrogance? Sorry.

Don't you dare pull off that little toenail. Just let the new one grow underneath in peace.

missing you as you're at the concert.

Your new haircut and sunglasses make you look HOT.

Thank you, that was just an awesome post!!!

That is great to hear, thank you for reading!

Post a Comment
|

Transplanted from the artic blight of Minnesota to the sunny paradise of SoCal, I am attending school and learning to say "dude." I like to think of myself as equal parts surf rash, Batman, heavy metal, Levinas, poetic license, and reformational. Other than creating blund blogs, I enjoy reading, sporting, and socializing with serious and funny people.
My profile



Web Blog

About

Email:

FAQ - Author|Site
Upcoming Events |30 Boxes|
blund Frappr Places
Looking for Poem|Eliot information?

Thunder Sites

Thunder Mobile
Thunder Photo Album
Thunder Media
Thunder Frappr Map
Thunder Directory



Popular and Favorite Posts
Liturgical Bingo: BBC
Updated Video Roundup
Levinas and the Inner Demons

Categories

under construction

Recent Posts



How does Rowling and the "Harry Potter" series stack up against Tolkien and "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy?
Rowling is the new dreamweaver. She is reigniting literature and fantasy as we know it.
Tolkien is the undisputed favorite. We have not yet seen a match for his philogistic skill.
This is apples and oranges. You might as well compare ping pong with Halo. Two different animals.
Rowling wins, but only by one quidditch goal.
Tolkien still stands, but only barely.
  
pollcode.com free polls






Firefox 2