Mobile Site

« Home | <$BlogPreviousItemTitle$> » 

Monday, January 23, 2006 

WTJ Vol. 67, No. 2
Theology

The latest issue of the Westminster Theological Journal just arrived: Volume 67, No. 2. To be honest, I thought they had forgotten about me and reneged on my subscription, seeing as how I've been subscribed since November 2004. A gift from my wife for my birthday, its been a really terrific gift, despite the fact this is only my second issue I've received in over a year. But, hey, whatever. I think I'm going to have a similar issue soon with the Wall Street Journal. Whats the deal? WTS...WSJ...

Dr. Vern Poythress has a promising article on language and interpretation: "Truth and Fulness of Meaning: Fulness versus Reductionist Semantics in Biblical Interpretation" which looks to incarnate the good doctor's clear, concise and deep thinking on this issue. Kelly M. Kapic writes on Luke 24 and Christ's theology of blessing; not John Owen, as is his custom with Justin Taylor, but Paul Lim does discuss the English Calvin's view of Religious Toleration. R. J. Gore, Jr., responds to some of the critics of his Covenantal Worship which I am sure will pique my liturgically - invested brain, and the book reviews cover everything from the New Perspective(s) on Paul to aesthetics. Good reading ahead, no doubt.

Labels:

Thank you, that was just an awesome post!!!

Thank you, that was just an awesome post!!!

Post a Comment
|

Transplanted from the artic blight of Minnesota to the sunny paradise of SoCal, I am attending school and learning to say "dude." I like to think of myself as equal parts surf rash, Batman, heavy metal, Levinas, poetic license, and reformational. Other than creating blund blogs, I enjoy reading, sporting, and socializing with serious and funny people.
My profile



Web Blog

About

Email:

FAQ - Author|Site
Upcoming Events |30 Boxes|
blund Frappr Places
Looking for Poem|Eliot information?

Thunder Sites

Thunder Mobile
Thunder Photo Album
Thunder Media
Thunder Frappr Map
Thunder Directory



Popular and Favorite Posts
Liturgical Bingo: BBC
Updated Video Roundup
Levinas and the Inner Demons

Categories

under construction

Recent Posts



How does Rowling and the "Harry Potter" series stack up against Tolkien and "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy?
Rowling is the new dreamweaver. She is reigniting literature and fantasy as we know it.
Tolkien is the undisputed favorite. We have not yet seen a match for his philogistic skill.
This is apples and oranges. You might as well compare ping pong with Halo. Two different animals.
Rowling wins, but only by one quidditch goal.
Tolkien still stands, but only barely.
  
pollcode.com free polls






Firefox 2