Mobile Site

« Home | <$BlogPreviousItemTitle$> » 

Thursday, August 11, 2005 

Immortality
Theology, Sceptrum Ab Hominem


Reading: Just browsing the blogosphere and the WSJ. Too tired for anything serious.
Enjoying: Onyx out on the porch.
Listening: KKMS 980 AM I caught the tail end of Alistair Begg, and all of R.C. Sproul.

I finished up some bidding over at eBay, and bought another pocket pc that I think already has a home, though I'll have to check. Its another Axim (what's with that?), and in good condition too, I think. Perhaps I'll put up more over at Thunder Speak.

I came home late from work, since we had taken a few residents out for pie at Baker's Square. Though my new home that I assist in is difficult and not always as much fun, I'm thankful for the opportunity to do this. I really do feel that what I do at ACR (as much as I may disagree with the company) is kingdom work. By taking of these people, and helping them live decent lives, I help proclaim Christ's lordship a bit more effectively, especially when I do it lovingly and cheefully. But anyway, that's why I'm up late blogging.

Tomorrow (today!) my wife comes home, and it will be good to have her home. I've missed her, and I can't wait to hear all about NY. She starts a new job on Monday, so I'll be looking for ways to help her in this new transition of life.

Since she was gone, I mentioned I'd grabbed some movies I wouldn't normally have had a chance to watch. One of the other's that I had rented was Gods and Generals.
The man pointing with the scroll is Stephen Lang, phenomenally portraying "Stonewall" Jackson. This movie is the sequel (?) to Gettysburg, and emphasizes historical accuracy, and a profound look at the spiritual lives of several of the prominent figures.

One of the best scenes in the movie occurs in scene #12, "We Must Never Forget." A battle has just finished (which the Confederates won), and Stonewall Jackson and his men are surveying the battle field and attending to the wounded.

Captain: "General, how is it that you can keep so utterly serene with a storm of shells and bullets whirling about your head?"
Jackson: "Capt. Smith, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as I do in bed. God has fixed the time of my death; I do not concern myself with that."

That is a man I would like to be like.

Labels: ,

|

Transplanted from the artic blight of Minnesota to the sunny paradise of SoCal, I am attending school and learning to say "dude." I like to think of myself as equal parts surf rash, Batman, heavy metal, Levinas, poetic license, and reformational. Other than creating blund blogs, I enjoy reading, sporting, and socializing with serious and funny people.
My profile



Web Blog

About

Email:

FAQ - Author|Site
Upcoming Events |30 Boxes|
blund Frappr Places
Looking for Poem|Eliot information?

Thunder Sites

Thunder Mobile
Thunder Photo Album
Thunder Media
Thunder Frappr Map
Thunder Directory



Popular and Favorite Posts
Liturgical Bingo: BBC
Updated Video Roundup
Levinas and the Inner Demons

Categories

under construction

Recent Posts



How does Rowling and the "Harry Potter" series stack up against Tolkien and "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy?
Rowling is the new dreamweaver. She is reigniting literature and fantasy as we know it.
Tolkien is the undisputed favorite. We have not yet seen a match for his philogistic skill.
This is apples and oranges. You might as well compare ping pong with Halo. Two different animals.
Rowling wins, but only by one quidditch goal.
Tolkien still stands, but only barely.
  
pollcode.com free polls






Firefox 2